What was the first thing the dinosaur did when he escaped from the museum?
What is a shape poem, and does it wriggle?
Acrostic - an angry twig or a type of poem?
All these questions and more will be answered by 'I'm a Poetry Explorer', a poetry trail activity at the Poetry Library. Ask any member of staff to help you get started.
What else can you do at the Poetry Library?
- Read your favourite poems, and discover new ones
- Tell us what you think about the books you have read
- Listen to poets perform their poems on cassette and CD
- Watch videos of poets
- Write your own poems with the help of our how-to books and rhyming dictionaries
- Find out about competitions
- Read poetry and writing magazines specially for children
Remember, if you are puzzled about poetry, Library staff are here to help. Ask us anything!